Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Experimenting.

I had some bananas left from last week that I wanted to use in something, and then Matthew found cashews on sale this past weekend while we were getting groceries, so I was left with little choice : I had to make some muffins. Oh darn. ;]

I wanted to try doing something special with them, and I had some cranberry relish from my mom [my favorite part of Thanksgiving, by far], so I thought I'd give them a holiday spin. So today's experiment became :

Cranberry Banana-Nut Muffins

Super easy - I won't even post a whole long recipe here, just basically use a standard Banana Nut Muffin recipe, like this , or get a super convenient mix, if that's more your style. I didn't have a mix today, so I threw together a guesstimate sort of recipe [I didn't have the patience to look one up - Shiloh was napping so I knew my time was limited, lol].

Once you do that, just ad in about 1/2 - 3/4 [depending on your taste preference] of cranberry relish. You could easily substitute the canned whole berry cranberry sauce. I also put in about 1/2 cup of OJ just because orange and cranberry are awesome together.

Anyway...that's my experiment in the kitchen for today. I also made sweet potato fries, since I had some sweet potatoes left over from Thanksgiving as well. Yummmmmmmm! Now if I could only figure out something good to do with lots of onions...

No comments: