Sunday, April 24, 2011

Update since 40 days ago!

It's been a while since I posted anything, other than the copy&paste stuff about organization, and a LOT has been going on. It's after 9, so I'm sleepy, but I will try to get caught up here!

First of all, the reason for the absence is that the staff of 6:22 were doing a 40 day media fast leading up to our Good Friday event. Can i just be real and say that I did NOT miss Facebook at all? We cancelled Netflix, didn't watch anything on TV [except some stuff that Shiloh likes], got off Facebook, and a few other different things, depending on the person. I really thought not having Facebook would be tough, but honestly if it weren't for my family and the pictures of my girls, I would've deleted my account when this fast ended. I've been so much more productive! More at peace, more organized, more active during the day because I'm not constantly checking updates and all that craziness - it's nuts how much time I waste on that site! But I'm sure I'll fuss more about that another time. :]

The biggest excitement in my life has been having 2 kids! Ariel Judah was born February 17th. She is my little Loverbug. Shiloh has adjusted to her wonderfully, and I'm just constantly in awe of how blessed I am to have such beautiful, perfectly healthy, loving, hilarious little girls.







They are my sunshine -Sugarbean and Loverbug. :]

Also, I've been doing a Bible/Book Study with the rest of the staff on Philip Yancey's book Prayer and I'm really enjoying it. I'm on my 6th time of reading through the book, and I'll definitely read it again. I was going to do a blog series on it and Matthew suggested I teach a study on it instead [I'll probably still do a post or two]. So that's been good.

Let's see...we just had our Passover dinner at the Boiler Room, this past week was the Feast of Unleavened Bread [which I *love*, because I get to make flat breads all week. :] Good excuse to bake too much!], and then we had our Good Friday gathering, which moved from the Town Commons to GCF due to rain. It went great though! 4 or 5 people [ I couldn't see all the hands clearly due to stage lights] accepted Jesus as their Savior - ALWAYS incredible to be around!!!

I've been getting more creative/crafty with the snatches of free time I've had, since I couldn't just get on Hulu or Netflix, too. More posts to come about that I'm sure!

This has been an awesome fast. Very humbling, very eye-opening. I'm excited to see what happens next!

No comments: