Monday, February 14, 2011

Love.

“I confess that I love him, I rejoice that I love him, I thank the maker of Heaven and Earth that gave him to me. The exultation floods me.”

-Emily Dickinson [my favorite poet]

My husband is amazing. He is truly my best friend, and has seen me walk through my darkest moments. I don't know how he keeps loving me some days, but I am forever grateful that he does.

Even more so, Jesus is the lover of my soul. There are parts of those dark moments that Matthew will never know about, the parts that happened in my mind and heart and soul. Jesus knows all of them, and loves me completely. I have hurt Matthew many times in the ten years we've known each other, but it's nothing compared to how I've betrayed Jesus - and He loves me. He loves me so much that He comes after me when I run away.

It's mind-blowing. It's beyond undeserved. But He gives it freely. I can't begin to understand it.

How, then, can we not love other people? The second greatest command from this Man who adores us is to love others. We stop loving people [or never start] over such petty things. Jesus has given us everything and we killed Him in return -but He LOVES us.

?!?!?!

John 13:35
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

No comments: